Set off on a cycling tour to explore the hidden gems of the countryside of Tangalle. You will cycle to an archaeological temple; visit local market and meet the locals there; cycle through the paddy cultivations and coconut plantations during this 5-hour cycling expedition
Meet your cycling guide at your hotel lobby in Tangalle.
Start your cycling expedition. Firstly, Cycle to Mulkirigalarock temple – an attraction of heritage travelers. The Mulkirigala temple isconstructed in massive natural rock and it is surrounded by a thick forest.This temple has been recognized as an archeological site due to the amazingsculptures and paintings there. The inscriptions at the temple proclaim thatthe temple was a monastery complex which dates back to 2000 years. The climb tothe rock temple is quite worth as you can entertain a gorgeous outlook aroundthe area. You will witness the sophisticated murals and frescoes are painted onthe walls of the Vihara complex. Explore the twin caves, statues, paintings,small rock pool are some of the attractions similar to the attractions inDambulla cave temple. Once completed the temple visit, continue your cyclingtrip to witness behind the scenes of Tangalle. You will cycle through paddyfields; coconut plantations and cinnamon cultivations and get to know about theindigenous farming methods. You will also witness many bird species and landmonitors in river-banks whilst enjoying the tour. Meet the locals and shareyour thoughts with them by having a friendly chat. Stopover at small food hutsto enjoy some local snacks and refreshments during your cycling tour.
You will cycle back to your hotel once finished the tourwith wonderful memories!
• Pick-up and drop-off in Tangalle by cycles
• Service of an English-Speaking Cycling guide
• Safety equipment
• Back-up vehicle
• Bottled water
• Government taxes
• Expenses of personal nature
• Gratuities (Recommended)
• Children 10 Years and younger are not recommended.
• All children must be accompanied by an adult.
• This activity is subject to cancellation based on inclement weather. Activity can be rescheduled, or the payment could be refunded.
Cancellation Fee Apply - Will advise you time of reservation
• Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
• Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Tangalle hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
• Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
• You should wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes.
• If you have back, neck, joint, or muscular problems, you should carefully consider whether to participate.
• If you are pregnant or with limited mobility, you should not take part.
• You must be able to ride a bicycle on your own.