Get into the cycle and explore Sri Lanka’s typical fishing village of Negombo. This is another interesting paddling excursion that gives you an opportunity to cycle through the fishing village by exploring fishermen’s living style. You will be able to witness the fishermen in hundreds of boats bringing in their days catch. See how the wholesalers and restaurateurs trade and watch the packing & loading of fish for distribution across the country as well as for export – worldwide. The retail area is a bustling hive of activity – with customers negotiating prices with mom and pop fish vendors.
6:30 Start a cycling tour from your hotel in Negombo, whichis the biggest Fishing city in Sri Lanka.
The Fishing Village also is known as the Lellama by thelocals is located across the lagoon bridge, near the Old Dutch Gate. The largeopen-air fish market is the second largest in the country. It gives you anunpretentious insight into the local fisher community. The market is loud,vibrant and smells like fish!
8:00 Cycle through the fishing village.
During your cycling tour, you will see a multitude of boatsfull of fresh fish coming in and lowering their sails. The smaller fishingboats usually come first, followed by the larger vessels. You can see theirnets being pulled ashore and the catch shaken out of nets to be cleaned,scaled, gutted, salted and dried in the sun. While you are cycling you canvisit one of fishing houses and taste cup of tea.
10:30 You will cycle through coconut estate and then end thetour at your Hotel.
• Hotel pickup and drop off in Negombo
• Cycles and helmets
• Water bottles and Refreshment
• Backup vehicle and first aid
• Service of a Cycling guide
• All government taxes
• Expenses of personal nature
• Gratuities (Recommended)
• Children 10 Years and younger are not recommended.
• All children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Adult price is applicable for all the participants.
• Prior to 07 Days to the scheduled starting time: Lost of Deposit.
Within 07 Days of schedule tour - 100% Cancellation fee
• Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
• Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Negombo hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation. Pick up time and the time duration will be changed according to the
• Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
• You must be able to ride a bicycle on your own.
• You should wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes.
• You must have a reasonable level of fitness.